How we optimise your website for Search Engines
To help you get found on search engines like Google we will optimise your website based off Googles own basic recommendations. These include:
- Using valid XHTML Markup to code the page.
- Creating unique page titles and page descriptions across the site.
- Creating simple to understand and search engine friendly URLs on all pages.
- Creating a simple directory structure and making the site easy to navigate.
- Using proper heading and sub heading tags within the content to emphasise important text.
- Appropriately naming the images within your site.
- Formating links so they are easy to spot.
Things you can do to help with your search engine rankings.
Google and other search engines read and understand website content much in the same way that people do. They reward websites that include quality and relevant content for each of the pages so that should be your main focus.
- Use words that describe the types of services and products that you offer.
- Think about the words that a user might search for to find a piece of your content.
- If the content is relevant, descriptive and useful you have a better chance of being found.
- Be realistic about the keywords that you are targeting. Think about who else you are competing against for the same words.
- Get inbound links to your website from other relevant websites.
- Keep your content fresh and up to date.
- Create a Facebook Page and Twitter account for your business and actively post and reply to relevant content that links back to your website.